Today we have a special interview, one that you will want to watch in its entirety. A legend in the running world and in the Austin community, Mr. Paul Carrozza joins us today to share some strategies to stay healthy and fit no matter how busy you are. Here are just a few of Paul’s many accomplishments -
- Developed & built RunTex, the world’s largest store devoted exclusively to running
- Founded RunTex University, which helps to put on over 100 running events a year
- Consistently raises over $5 million annually for charities through RunTex events
- Previously served as a Council Member on President Bush’s Council of Fitness and Sports
- Serves as co-chair of Governor Perry’s Advisory Council of Fitness for the state of Texas
- Serves as chair of the Mayor’s Fitness Council for the City of Austin
- 2010 winner of the Rostow Leadership Award for making significant differences in the lives of children and families in Austin, Texas
Hopefully the above list is long enough to convince you that Paul is an extremely busy individual! But probably even more important than his accomplishments are his daily actions. From working out and eating like a champion seven days a week (that’s right, seven days!) Paul knows what it takes to be an elite athlete at any age, because at almost fifty years old, Paul hasn’t lost the urge to run his fastest, train his hardest, and bring his best to every training session.
For this interview, I’m not going to give you my list of lessons I learned from Paul’s interview, as you will learn so much more by listening to Paul himself. Here are some of the items you’ll learn from watching the interview –
- Find out why Paul started RunTex along with his passion for helping run events in the community
- Learn what Paul does on a weekly basis to maintain his elite fitness level along with the difference between daily exercise and purposeful training
- Discover Paul’s favorite outdoor activity that does not include running
- Listen to Paul’s unique way of discovering how much and what types of foods your body needs to achieve optimum performance and health
- Find out Paul’s advice for the holiday season, it’s probably not what you expect!
- LOTS MORE!!
Thanks again to Paul Carrozza for taking the time to chat with us and share some of his strategies for living a healthy and fit lifestyle while living a busy and demanding life!
Enjoy the interview,